10 Facts to Know About the Kruger National Park
Read about every thing you need to know about the Kruger National Park. The area and South African Safari has so much to offer that you will need to find suitable Kruger Park Accommodation to best serve your trip and the length of it.
1. The Kruger National Park stretches across two of South Africa provinces – Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces – and both offer the opporunity to experience and enjoy South African Safari.
2. The Kruger National Park stretches 350km from the Limpopo River in the north to the Sabie River in the south.
3. A range of two 2 million hectares os covered in this vast Kruger Park –
4. It is estimated to be the size of Wales.
5. The Kruger National Park was founded in 1898.
6. It is one of the world’s largest game sanctuaries/ wildlife sanctuaries/ safari sanctuaries.
7. Within these exapnse of natural wildlife, find three distinct habitats, including the deciduous treed and grassy southern region; the central savannah region and lastly the arid mopane scrub land in the north.
8. The famous Big Five can be found in the Kruger Park – lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and the rhino.
9. Visitors to the Park are encouraged to obey the speed limits – so as not to frighten the animals and respect them in their environment – if they are crossing the road.
10. Your Kruger Park Accommodation will support the advice and instruction to never leave your vehicle.
The Park embraces various areas, and all offer appropriate Kruger National Park Accommodation, including Graskop Accommodation, Hazyview Accommodation, Marloth Park Accommodation, Nelspruit Accommodation, Schoemanskloof Accommodation and White River Accommodation.
It is encouraged to visit the Kruger Park to see some of the world’s greatest offerings.
Guest Files supports responsible and respectful tourism as well as conservation. Other areas within the Kruger National Park, also offering Mpumalanga Accommodation include Graskop Accommodation, Hazyview Accommodation, Marloth Park Accommodation, Nelspruit Accommodation, Schoemanskloof Accommodation and White River Accommodation.
Also subscribe to our free newsletter distributed every two weeks containing interesting tourism attractions in Southern Africa, South African Accommodation specials, tourism specials and more.